$49 First Visit
Dr Michael Crane
Michael is the lead practitioner at Deepdene. He studied Chiropractic at RMIT in Melbourne, and graduated from this 5-year double degree in 1996.
After completing his education, Michael immediately began practising as a chiropractor in the inner eastern suburb of Hawthorn.
As a dedicated health care professional, Dr. Crane prides himself on offering a clinically effective, time and cost-effective service. Michael also believes in being kind and respectful to everyone. This approach has been his driver for success, and is the reason he has accrued a significant long term, and loyal patient base.
In 1999, Michael completed postgraduate studies in Sports Chiropractic. This has enabled him to successfully deal with a broader range of injuries from a variety of sporting codes.
In late 2019, after 23 years of practising as a chiropractor in Hawthorn, he relocated to the current Deepdene clinic.
Common conditions that Chiropractors treat
- Headache & Migraine
- Neck pain &/or stiffness
- Radiating pain, numbness or pins & needles into one or both arms or legs
- Mid-back / Shoulder blades pain &/or stiffness
- Low back pain &/or stiffness
- Disc injuries of the neck or low back
- Fascial pain
- Jaw dysfunction: pain, locking or clicking
- Postural problems such as scoliosis, rounded shoulders, sway low back
Reasons for chiropractic treatment?
Such are headache, neck or lower back pain as mentioned above. As a guide, 1-6 visits is required.
To Rehabilitate or Correct Long-Term Structural Problems
Such as scoliosis, kyphosis or other degenerative spinal complaints. As a guide, 4-10 visits is required.
Periodic chiropractic treatment to prevent relapses or to simply maintain. As a guide, could be once a fortnight ranging to once a year.
What’s the Role of a Chiropractor?
What training do Chiropractors have?
Chiropractors graduate from a 5-year university course.
Their studies include anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, physics, neurology, orthopaedics, radiology and biomechanics.
Are Chiropractors registered?
What to expect on your initial appointment?
- A warm greeting, as you arrive.
- First you’ll be asked to fill in the customary health forms.
- When first seeing the practitioner, you’ll have a discussion about the reason for attending.
- Next, a general physical examination and other tests are performed.
- Then an explanation of the complaint and various treatment options available.
- At this point, a treatment for complaint is provided.
- Lastly, a discussion will be had about follow up visits and home-based management options.
Why choose this chiropractic clinic?
Choosing our clinic is a simple choice as we pride ourselves on being clinically effective for our patients. This means we are efficient with regards to your time, money and health.
Initial consultations with us are approximately 45-60 minutes and include a treatment on the day. Standard chiropractic consultations last 15-20 minutes.
Most treatments incorporate manipulation and soft tissue techniques, but you have choice on treatment options. X-rays of your spine are not routinely taken, only if clinically necessary. If they are needed, they are bulk billed.
Periodic maintenance visits are not compulsory. They are recommended for some people, but not everyone. We are comfortable with patients contacting us on a need’s basis.
Our fees coincide closely with the association fee guidelines. The clinic is a ‘pay by the visit’ service.
We are preferred providers for private health care insurers and have HICAPS claiming options for extra’s cover.
And above all, we are experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate about what we do.
Initial Consultation Only $49